[Socrates] Request for Faculty Participation in First-Gen Luncheon on Nov 8th 2023 (FREE HOUR)

Chrystle Claire Greene Chrystle.Greene at qc.cuny.edu
Mon Sep 11 15:47:32 EDT 2023

Greetings,

My name is Chrystle-Claire Greene and I am the Director of the Kessler Scholars Program at QC. For some background, the Kessler Scholars program is a visionary program, whose goal is to support first-generation students professionally, academically and socially to succeed in college. Some of the ways we do this are by providing peer-to-peer mentoring, academic advisement, a book stipend, free tuition (for those who need) and host a ton of events our scholars can benefit from both inside and outside of the classroom. As you may know, November 8th is First Gen Day and this year we plan to host a week of activities for first gen students at Queens College.

On Wednesday, November 8th, 2023 during free hour (12:15pm-1:30pm) I am planning a (Student/Faculty and Staff) Luncheon with a Panel discussion. The goal of this event is to share stories of first-generation path to success as well as create more of a campus wide understanding of the needs of first-generation students enrolled at QC. I would love to find 2 faculty members who are interested in being on the panel and invite a large number of faculty who are first gen at the college to this event. If you are interested and available, contact me at Chrystle.Greene at qc.cuny.edu. RSVP's for this event will go out in a few weeks!

To learn more about our program click here: https://www.canva.com/design/DAFO9KehTfU/Ri3ufx5s1SFpLD1WtzkWaA/view?utm_content=DAFO9KehTfU&utm_campaign=designshare&utm_medium=link&utm_source=publishsharelink

Warmly,
Chrystle

Chrystle-Claire Greene
Director, Kessler Scholars Program
Queens College
65-30 Kissena Blvd
Flushing, NY 11367
Honors Hall, Room 1
Chrystle.Greene at qc.cuny.edu
Stay Connected: Follow us on Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/qchonors_scholarships/>

[cid:cbc0c9d0-8af9-4f3c-b067-1108ab5616b0]