[Socrates] Sit ‘N’ Write Biweekly Fridays, Spring 2024

QNS qcctlonline CTLOnline at qc.cuny.edu
Thu Dec 7 18:13:33 EST 2023

>From Natanya Duncan, Director, Africana Studies Program:

Hope this semester is winding down well for you.  On behalf of the Dean of Social Sciences, Kate Pechenkina, AFST<https://qcafricana.org/> and CETLL<https://www.qc.cuny.edu/cetll/> wish to invite you and your colleagues to join us for our Spring 2024 Sit 'N' Write Biweekly Fridays.  View and download the Sit 'N' Write flier<https://www.qc.cuny.edu/cetll/wp-content/uploads/sites/99/2023/12/SitNWrite_flier_Jan24.pdf>.

While still a new initiative at Queens College, Sit ‘n’ Write Fridays has managed to support our peers across campus as they increase their writing productivity; balance research and teaching obligations; overcome/navigate imposter syndrome; secure grants and publication contracts; and develop strategies that serve to expand their research portfolio.  These successes are due in part to the cross section of participants that include administrators and full professors; mid-career tenured faculty; early career and adjunct faculty as we as lecturers and staff.

In addition to Sit 'N' Write, which is a writing community for faculty, staff, and advanced graduate students, we have also developed a workshop series called Publish and Flourish.  The series offers writing workshops from academic, and vanity press editors; writing coaches; university administrators; and full professors as well as public intellectuals.  While these events are open to the campus community at large, each workshop offers one on one and group coaching to Sit N Write participants exclusively after the workshop.  For Spring 2024 we will have Publish and Flourish workshops on writing for public consumption and developing a publishing pipeline.

We strongly encourage everyone, advanced graduate students; lecturers; new tenure track faculty; mid-career tenured faculty; full professors; grant writers; and campus administrators, to join our safe space community.  To do so, we ask that you complete the intake form found here: S ‘n’ W 24<https://forms.office.com/pages/responsepage.aspx?id=s_BgbwZfCU6XFZiduozH2OEKtVO1PFNAnySO1aEtgZNUOU9UWFpCMTZNRktOUVhXQVQzN01HSUlBQy4u> .

For Spring 2024, we will host our introductory session on January 12, 2024.  The session will focus on a concept developed by Kerry Ann Rockquemore, founder of the National Center for Faculty Diversity and Development (NCFDD)<https://www.ncfdd.org/>, “Every Semester Needs a Plan.”  We hope to have you join us in Spring 2024.

Should you have any questions, please feel free to email me at nduncan at qc.cuny.edu<mailto:nduncan at qc.cuny.edu> or you may contact CETLL Director Soniya Munshi at soniya.munshi at qc.cuny.edu<mailto:soniya.munshi at qc.cuny.edu>

We wish you a successful end of term and look forward to witnessing all the good you continually do for our campus community.