[Socrates] A New Era for the Center for Teaching and Learning

Jean Kelly Jean.Kelly at qc.cuny.edu
Thu Jun 30 12:41:59 EDT 2022

Dear Colleagues,

We are excited to announce that our name is changing from the Center of Teaching and Learning (CTL) to the Center for Excellence in Teaching, Learning and Leadership (CETLL).

This change results from initiatives taken by Associate Provost, Alicia Alvero, CETTL Director, Kathleen (Kathie) Mangiapanello and the CETLL team. Moving forward, the CETLL aims to function as comprehensive, faculty-driven, professional development center, focusing not only on pedagogical needs, but also supporting career growth and development, as well as assisting those interested in identifying leadership opportunities across our campus.

To this end, the CETLL has partnered with a number of faculty across our college in an effort to assess and better understand the needs of our diverse instructors, both full-time and adjunct. In doing so, we strive to build a community of collaboration, support and caring among our instructors so that they in turn, can use the skills gained to foster a more inclusive learning environment that promotes positive student outcomes across our diverse student community.

Bookmark our new website: https://www.qc.cuny.edu/cetll/

Contact us at: CTLonline at qc.cuny.edu<mailto:CTLonline at qc.cuny.edu>

We look forward to working with you to achieve your goals for years to come!

Kathie & the CETLL Team

Jean Kelly
Instructional Technologist
The Center for Teaching & Learning