[Socrates] $10, 000 opportunity for women majoring/minoring in CS and related fields.

Christopher Vickery Christopher.Vickery at qc.cuny.edu
Mon Sep 24 17:44:13 EDT 2018

NCWIT is the “National Center for Women & Information Technology,” and they have announced this opportunity for undergraduate women:

Just a quick reminder that NCWIT hopes you will promote the NCWIT Collegiate Award<https://www.aspirations.org/participate/collegiate-award> to your students. ALL of your undergraduate and graduate women students majoring or minoring in computing-related fields are eligible to apply, and applications for 2019 are open until October 15, 2018. Recipients receive up to $10,000 in cash, a trip to the NCWIT Summit and other great prizes!  Feel free to forward this email to your students and/or colleagues to help ensure we have a wide range of applications.

Don’t forget we also have faculty opportunities for you as listed on this webpage<https://www.ncwit.org/sites/all/modules/contrib/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=9081&qid=221358>. We’re looking forward to your mentoring nomination and Seed Fund proposals!

Chris Vickery