[Socrates] Harlem Gallery Exhibits Queens Memory Story Quilt

Lori A Wallach Lori.Wallach at qc.cuny.edu
Tue Dec 11 16:06:23 EST 2018

Hello all,

Queens Memory is honored to have our Community Story Quilt, created this past summer at a series of workshops at Flushing Library, included in the Walls-Ortiz Gallery<https://www.facebook.com/WallsOrtizGalleryandCenter/> as part of its "Conversations with Harriet and Frederick: Stories Told, Journeys Unfold" exhibit, from Dec. 13, 2018, through Feb. 28, 2019. The theme of the exhibit that connects with our quilt is the idea of "making visible the stories of lesser known journeys."

There will be an opening reception and artist panel discussion this Thursday, Dec. 13, from 5 to 7 pm, and our own teaching artist (and QC graduate art student) Naomi Kuo will be featured on the panel.

The event is free but please RSVP to the gallery via this link:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/conversations-with-harriet-and-frederick-stories-told-journeys-unfold-tickets-53394466286?aff=ebdssbdestsearch

If you can't make it that day, there are several other events planned in January and February; the quilt will also be on display during the gallery's regular hours.

Thanks and happy holidays!

Lori

Lori Wallach
Queens Memory Outreach Coordinator