[Socrates] Lunch Discussion: Teaching students how to learn, March 22

Jean Kelly Jean.Kelly at qc.cuny.edu
Mon Mar 7 16:15:52 EST 2016

>From the Center for Teaching & Learning:

Let's discuss the ways in which we teach students HOW to learn. What do you currently do to teach students to take ownership of their learning? Should we teach in a more explicit way the methods and philosophy of learning? Bring examples from your teaching, your experience, and your thoughts to our next lunch discussion on Tuesday, March 22. Come for the whole time, or feel free to drop in when you can!

The name of this discussion group is changing – become part of our Circular Teaching Squad! New name! Same great discussion about wide-ranging issues in teaching and learning at Queens College! Benefit from ideas presented by colleagues throughout campus to invigorate your own classes.